1966 KOFST proposed the enactment of Science and Technology Promotion Act as well as establishment of the Ministry ofScience and Technology
- 1967. Science and Technology Promotion Act enacted and the Ministry of Science and Technology established
1967 KOFST recommended the tax exemption on S&T research activities and designation of "The Science Day."
- 1967. Customs law amended and Science Day declared
1980 KOFST suggested the ways to promote science and technology.
- 1980. Reflected in Article 121 and 128 of the Constitution amended
1997 KOFST proposed the elevation of the Ministry of Science and Technology and promotion of Minister to Deputy Prime Minister.
- 1998. Ministry of Science and Technology elevated
2000 KOFST proposed the enactment of the "Science and Technology Framework Law."
- 2001.Science and Technology Framework Law enacted
2002 KOFST suggested the establishment of Science and Technology Advisor to the President
- 2003. Information Science and Technology Advisor established
2004 KOFST recommended the elevation of S&T Minister to Deputy Prime Minister
- 2004.Minister elevated to Deputy Prime Minister
2007 KOFST advised on the expansion of public R&D budget and basic research budget
- 2008. National R&D investment per GDP and basic research budget increased to 5% and 50%, respectively
2010 KOFST led the signature collection campaign to support the establishment of the permanent National Science and Technology Committee and suggested the amendment of the International Science Business Belt Law
- 2010. Science and Technology Framework Law revised and the Special Law on International Science Business Belt Law enacted
- 2011. National Science and Technology Committee launched
2011 KOFST proposed the promotion of intellectual properties and protection of patentees' rights
- 2011. Patentee's rights reflected in the implementing ordinances of Intellectual Property Basic Law
Running Policy Research Institute
Organizing the Korea Conference on Innovative Science and Technology
Holding forum, public hearing, panel discussion, etc
135-703 (635-4,YEOKSAM-DONG)22,7GIL, TEHERAN-RO, GANGNAM-GU 135-703 SEOUL, KOREA
TEL : 02)3420-1200 FAX : 02)563-4931